(1) Who was both the shortest and the lightest of our Presidents? Who was the tallest? The heaviest?
(2) How many Presidents with facial hair are featured on United States paper currency?
(3) At what point(s) in history did we have the most ex-Presidents all living at the same time?
For those who saw the presidential trivia questions earlier:
(1) QUESTION: Who was both the shortest and the lightest of our Presidents? Who was the tallest? The heaviest?
ANSWER: The shortest and lightest President was James Madison, a man who is also known as the Father of the Constitution because of his huge contributions to that document. Madison was 5’4” and about 100 pounds. The tallest President was Abraham Lincoln (6’4”). Some people claim that LBJ was just as tall as Lincoln, while others claim that he was about 1/2 inch shorter. The heaviest President was William Taft (about 300 pounds).
(3) QUESTION: At what point(s) in history did we have the most ex-Presidents all living at the same time?
ANSWER: I’ve asked this question before, but the answer changed again on January 20, 2017. 🙂 On four occasions, we’ve had 5 former Presidents and one sitting President all alive simultaneously. (1) For a period of time beginning on March 4, 1861, Van Buren, Tyler, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan and Lincoln were all living. (2) For a period of time beginning on January 20, 1993, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush and Clinton were all alive; (3) For a period of time beginning January 20, 2001, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton and both Bushes were still alive; (4) And, of course, you know that we currently have five former Presidents and one sitting President: Carter, Clinton, both Bushes, Obama, and Trump.